Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dream Craft.. Maybe Someday.

One of my grandmothers was married in a pant-suit, another was married on the beach in a sundress. And my mother and father eloped and never had a formal wedding ceremony. Because of this, I unfortunately have no beautiful, vintage, wedding accessories with any familial importance. However, I have always considered the thought of having something such as a beautiful, handmade lace veil to be something that could be passed down through the generations lovingly and forge bonds between mother and daughter.







I was never able to recieve such as item, but I would eventually like to learn the process behind making handmade lace so that I can begin a family tradition. As I understand it, creating homemade lace is a fantastically difficult process. It requires skill, patience, quality materials, and the imagination to create beautiful and unique designs. I would absolutely LOVE to gain the knowledge to make such an amazing product someday. Although it will undoubtedly be a challenge, my knitting skills have progressed more quickly than I ever would have considered possible.. Maybe I can eventually do the same with lace? :)

The drive behind my desire to learn this skill stems from the hope that I will be able to create a product that will last behind my time on this earth. Everyone wants to make a difference in the world that they live in. Hopefully, through my career as a teacher, I will be able to have an impact on students and other people that I interact with in the future. However, I also want to create something that can be passed down from generation to generation. I want to learn a skill that I can teach future members of my family, and I want to learn to creat a product that is visually stimulating, aesthetically pleasing, and well-appreciated. I want to make something that can be a part of my family long after I am gone. And hopefully someday this dream craft will become a reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment