Sunday, October 2, 2011

"WWJD?" Bracelets


As a child, crafts weren’t really a major part of my life. My mother has never been

a crafty person – unless you count her yearly trips to War Eagle to purchase crafts others made. However, when I was younger, I absolutely adored making bracelets are church. Before we had our Sunday school lesson, my Sunday School teacher would

always allow us to do some sort of craft. I always chose to make bracelets out of the beads our teacher had there for us. Usually I made bracelets that said “WWJD,” but sometimes I would branch out and make them say “I heart Jesus,” or even my own name. I had so much fun picking out what I wanted my bracelet to say, how many letters I needed to use, etc.

My mom purchased a bracelet-making kit for me when I was six or seven, and I do still have that kit

somewhere in the depths of my closet at home. I haven’t used the kit in a very long time, nor have I even really looked through it since I was much younger. However, now that I’ve thought about this memory, I really want to go back and look at the box.

Sadly, I don’t have any pictures of my bracelets, nor do I have any of them to this day. We moved houses when I was younger and I suppose my bracelets were lost in the chaos. Here is an example of the sort of bracelets I made, as well as a picture of me from around the age I started making the bracelets, just for fun. (:


1 comment:

  1. Buy Latest collection of DIY Bracelet Making Kit Jewelry Making Accessories Kit online at wholesale prices. Buy beaded bracelet making kit From Beadsnfashion online.

    ReplyDelete