Wednesday, October 5, 2011

oohhhhhh grandma

So I decided to interview my Mammaw for the Blog. I was expecting short answers from her, however i'm pretty sure she answered all of my answers in her first response ha. Telepathy? I think so. But anyways, here is the first question I asked, and her response! Enjoy!

Me: What was the first craft that you remember making?
Mamaw: I remember starting with a donkey lamp made out of wood. You pulled the tail down to turn on. I finished that and the tail broke the first time I tried it out in class so needless to say I started over with and new project. It was wood cut in the shape of a teapot that held keys or hotpads.I love working on the projects so it wasn't hard for --except that darn tail. As you know I'm still proud of my wall teapots. I gave that to my mom and she used it until I got married and then gave it to me. It is still used in my kitchen today and this year is our 50th anniversary. Needless to say I made an A in my class from a teacher who was kind and wanted all of us to be the best we could be. Since it took me the whole 6 weeks to complete 2 projects I was so happy and proud of both--if only the tail hadn't broken on the lamp!!!
Me: What were some other crafts that you have made since then?

Mamaw: I did cross stitching for canning jars and made some purses. Covered a few pieces of furniture but I realized I do not enjoy crafty projects at all.

Me: If you had the ability to do any craft, what would it be?
Mamaw :I enjoy beauty so if I had the talent to do anything I would be a interior designer. That is a special craft that few people have without spending lots of money; only using what you have and making a home beautiful.


Needless to say, my grandma has crafty items all around her house and doesn't even realize it. Adorned with quilts, decorative plates, and paintings, her house is a craft playground. She is much more crafty than she makes herself out to be. That's my modest grandma :) She is absolutely obsessed with blue and white plates. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_and_white_porcelain


In fact, I'm surprised she didn't mention anything (as a side note) about the fact that my papaw repairs and makes clocks as a side business. Their house is FULL OF THEM. Needless to say, everyone goes deaf around noon and midnight haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment