Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blown Away by Crafting


Oh the places I go! Oh the things I would see! Oh the crafts that I'd craft.... If only I wasn't limited by me! I'd love to do so much but look and you'll see that craftiness sometimes just isn't me. I want things to be perfect but unfortuaetly, this world's not like Dr. Suess's and I not 98 and 3/4 guaranteed to succeed.

If I knew I could do anything that I wished, the thing I'd like most is to get all my projects finished. But to choose a new craft one thing rests asured, I'd do something with glass and keep learning until I was at the top of the class. Now enough with my rhymes, that is the future teacher in me, but I'm running out of time.

I'd love to learn how to blow glass. The sheer volume of things you can create amazes me, and the art pieces themselves are so beautiful. One of my earliest memories is going to the bluebirds of happiness shop and watching men make the beautiful tiny creatures out of essentially nothing. I would want to create knickknacks, bottles and beads. And if all went just right and I had my 98 and 3/4 % guarantee, I would want to create the the blow glass chandeliers I see all through Hot Springs art galleries. The pieces are so elegant and fragile they almost have a magical element to them. Another appealing aspect of blowing glass is that few people do it now a days; plastic manufactured goods are the norm now, and I would love to have personalized objects unique to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment