Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Proudest Object

Since my only finished object is a ridiculous-looking swatch (and even that fell apart in the end), my default "proudest object" is the scarf I'm currently knitting for my twin sister.


(It's dark green with shimmer. The camera on my phone sucks.)

Luckily, I actually am proud of it. I know it looks goofy and I can't figure out why it's not neat and straight like the other scarves I see being knitted in class, but it's my first-ever "practical" knitted craft. I think I take pride in it because it's a gift for my sister, who's my best friend. It's in her favorite color and I fully intend to force her to wear it at least once, even though it looks like a rag. I'm also proud of this silly little thing because I never would have thought I could do anything like it. I'm not particularly creative when it comes to crafting and I've got the clumsiest fingers ever, so knitting an ugly scarf in the simplest stitch seems like a miracle to me.

It's coming along quite slowly, though, and I'm worried I won't be able to finish by the end of October, when I get to go visit her at Texas State.

No comments:

Post a Comment