Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Interview with a Friend

For this assignment/question, I decided to interview my roommate, Corinne, because we do crafty things together sometimes. I also chose her because she was easily accessible (I know where she sleeps). I based some of my questions off the ones from the in-class interviews, and added some of my own. The following is the manuscript from our conversation on crafting:
Ashley: What crafting skills do you have? What do you enjoy making?
Corinne: My latest obsession is pillow-making; as in, I hand sew and stuff decorative pillows. Besides that, I'm really big into modge podge-ing and making small crafts.
Ashley: What other crafting skills would you like to learn?
Corinne: I really want to get into making decorative headbands - the ones with fabric swatch flowers or feathers.
Ashley: Do you have any crafty family members?
Corinne: No. None of my family members make things. Really.
Ashley: When you see or hear about someone making something, do you think that they do it for themselves or for others?
Corinne: Both. Everyone feels good when they help people, so it benefits both them and others.
Ashley: When someone gives you a homemade gift, how do you respond?
Corinne: It really depends on who the gift is from. My grandma makes me things sometimes, and she means well, but they just usually aren't well put together. Usually, I get scarves that are way too short. But, I'm also grateful for a handmade gift because I know that a lot of time and effort went into making it.
Ashley: Has there ever been something in your life that you had to work really hard at to get good/better skill-wise? Have you ever given up on learning something?
Corinne: Basketball. It was a ton of time and work, but I absolutely loved it. And, I've never really given up on anything. I'm kind of stubborn.

1 comment: