Friday, August 12, 2011

After several weeks of working on a crocheted blanket, I have come to realize that I somehow COMPLETELY misread the email about our summer assignment!! I, for some strange reason, thought that I was supposed to try to learn a new knitting stitch, and then start either a crocheted OR knitted project. So, I did some research on cable knitting, and finally ended up with a little swatch that looked fairly similar to the picture in the book (Stitch 'n Bitch) where I found the pattern. Then, I took a knitting break and one of my friends taught me how to crochet, which seemed to go a little faster (probably because the crocheting I was doing involved no counting, unlike the cable knit stitch). Before I knew it, I had a pretty good start to a blanket coming together! I figured I would just make the blanket my summer project.
Thankfully, Donna sent us a reminder email with a reprint of my summer assignment, which is that I learn an intermediate knitting stitch and complete a project using it. Then, I can choose to crochet a separate project in addition to the knitted one if I want to. So, after a little frantic reading and re-reading, and re-re-reading, I put my crocheting on hold and started my cable knit scarf!
I am busy at work on my scarf now and it's actually going pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment