Monday, August 15, 2011

My Knitting Project

For my knitting project, I am working on a scarf for my cousin, Hayley. Last winter, when there was snow on the ground at UCA, Hayley frequently complained about how badly she wished for a scarf. I planned on purchasing a cute one at the local boutique here in Harrison when it got closer to winter, but whenever I found out I needed to work on a knitting project for this class, I decided to knit her one! I think she will be very pleased that I put my hard work and dedication into something, rather than simply purchasing it for her at a store. I even went on the KnitPicks website and had her choose which color of yarn she preferred! (She chose FairyTale, and I absolutely love that color!)

So far, the work hasn't been easy. I have had to restart several times, and grown very frustrated with how terrible it looks! However, I am basically taking a leaf out of the Little Engine That Could's book and pressing on! There are a few holes here and there, and I am fairly certain that I will be starting over once again soon, but at least I am finally seeing a little progress! Hopefully by the time school starts, I will have a solid base on this scarf!

Picture to be added when I am a little more proud of my work! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just wonder, would you be so concerned with perfection in the scarf if you were making it for yourself?

    ReplyDelete