Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scarftastic

My work-in-progress is going very slowly. I'm making a scarf for my twin sister as sort of a birthday/Christmas/thanks-for-all-the-advice-recently present. I originally wanted to make one for my older sister, who's graduating from Texas Tech this December, but knitting with two different sets of yarn (her school's colors are red and black) still looks like wizardry to me. I think I'll wait until I have a little more experience to tackle that.

Anyway, I found a soft, thin, "shimmer" yarn (it's got metallic polyester woven in) in my sister's favorite color, green. It's pretty different from the yarn I used in my swatch, so it's a little intimidating. I've cast on thirty-five stitches as that seems to be the average from most scarf patterns I've seen, but it still looks awfully puny, so I'm not sure whether to add more or to trust the patterns. I'm going with garter stitch because she really loved how soft and ridged my swatch was. Hopefully I can get a lot of it done and move on to a graduation gift for my older sister and maybe even something for my mom :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment