Monday, August 29, 2011

The Project

Well, i've got a funny story, and a not-so-funny story.
First story: The trip to Hobby Lobby.

So, I went to Hobby Lobby about a month ago to grab my supplies. And, well, I was kind of embarrassed to go so I sort of, kind of, left my sunglasses on when I went into the store. I thought I was in the clear, when suddenly my telephone rings, and it was my cousin that lives here in Conway. I answered and she said, " Hey Kendall! I just saw you pull into Hobby Lobby, I'm on my way in!!" So, we both walked back to the yarns and needles and I started staring at the shelf, thinking to myself "what in the world am I supposed to get." Thankfully, my cousin had knit when she was in college, so she knew what I needed to get started. She saved me from hours of blankly staring at the yarn shelves.
Second story: The Scarf.

After the many attempts to create this scarf for my baby cousin, I have only been able to generate multiple practice swatches. Frustration has definitely been at a maximum, and Patience has.. well.. you can probably guess where that is. ha.

Nevertheless! I have acquired new yarn, and I am praying that this one will have the magic touch within the threads! So, I will continue to update on the progress of this seemingly lifelong project ha, but I am hopeful, because each practice swatch became progressively less "swatch-y."



No comments:

Post a Comment