Monday, August 15, 2011

Knitting Away...

With my crochet experience weeks behind me, I picked up my knitting needles and yarn last week in an effort to awaken the knitter in me. The crocheter still seems content to remain asleep. Lazy she is! :)

Unlike crochet, the knitting has flown by. It took a couple practice swatches to get the "pretty" knit stitch back. I've tried to produce one 15 stitch by 30 row square a day. Tried is the key word... I've recently moved back into Farris and its been very busy... but I enjoy the times in the evening when I get to sit down and churn out a teal square. My overall desire is to take these squares (maybe a different pattern/stitch for each color?) and sew them into a blanket that will match a new bed set I'm sewing together with my mother. I'm hoping to successfully learn to purl and then complete a stockinette stitch on some of my squares.

Another benefit to knitting is that I don't have to watch as closely as I did with crochet (at least when I'm just doing a garter stitch). I am looking forward to hauling my needles and yarn with me on a long car trip later this week. Hopefully the ten hour ride will give me enough time to catch up on the squares I'm behind in!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment