Friday, August 19, 2011

Knitted things are even cuter in miniature size

I've always wanted to make baby booties, and I finally got the chance to this summer.  One of my friends is having a baby and I wanted to make something super unique for her.  She loves Converse shoes more than anything and I stumbled upon a pattern to make baby booties that were shaped like Converse.  It was easier than my first project this summer, but just because they were so much smaller.  The decreasing was something that I hadn't done before, and it showed a new way to do decreasing that involved two colors.  She was ecstatic about the shoes when she opened them at the baby shower.  I only got a chance to take a picture of one of them before I gave them to her, though.
Here is the link to this project on my Ravelry page: http://ravel.me/rhapsody-joy/msrub

Another project I have been working on this summer is my first sweater.  I haven't had a chance to make a spot for it in my Notebook on Ravelry yet, due to having no internet most of the summer.  But it is much easier to knit a sweater than I thought it would be.  It's all done in stockinette stitch and knit in the round, so the only difficult part is changing colors at the right time, and that's not even hard in this pattern.  But here is a picture of the work in progress:

It's a tad bit longer than what it is in this picture, but this is the only photo I have right now.  I'm hopefully going to have some more time to work on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment